Flintstone Wheels

   Prehistoric man ate his food raw or cooked it over an big open flame as is.  And that was delicious.  Perhaps he even had the good sense to avoid grilled broccoli, because it's a strange food that looks a lot more like an alien's baby than a cruciferous vegetable.  That's the same group as cabbage, and nobody grills cabbage.
     It's been a long while since I've been grilling, so my meat has primarily come in two forms: possibly still alive and under cooked enough to escape and extra blackened charcoal briquette.  Furthermore, when I attempted to use cedar chips to 'smoke' my grilled meats, I was at first excited by the concept - at least I'd have hickory smoked charcoal briquettes. This suddenly recalls to me the first martian probe launch, when they did the landing calculations in feet and programmed the lander in meters and that sucker buried. While possibly not as expensive, the mistake was of the same magnitude.  I now had 'Wooden Ashtray' flavored meat bricks, suitable not just for regulating bowel function but hammering nails in as well.
My next idea is to create a simple, minor open flame, let the charcoal get nicely and evenly light, and skewer donuts of various types.  This has potential in my mind.  Nothing like some fire grilling to make masculine donuts.  No deep frying here.  The way I figure, the simpler, the better.  These will be paleo donuts, easy to consume and prepare, not unlike the wheels on Fred Flintstone's car.  Also like Fred Flintstone, I will probably light myself on fire such that my entire lower wardrobe will be burned off at the crotch.
  It's too warm in Florida anyway.  Anyhow, if you see a man missing eyebrows holding what appears to be a delicious, donut prepared in the fashion of a Flintstone wheel, wish him well and think on the sheer amount of fire and probable amount of stupidity and/or genius that went into his filet o' dough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017, or What It's Like When a Nerd Takes Acid

TESLA REVIEW PART II: THE ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Spanish for Donut