A Sign of the Times

    Alas, today the Twinkie company died.  Hostess is now gone.   Sadly, the grieving company's best cushion was the Twinkies they so lovingly made. This makes me unendingly sad.  My children will probably never know what a Twinkie was or what it means to the world.

    Today is the 16th of November. We've all spent a lot of time seeking new jobs after our own company fell, and we've all been watching the news as everything we worked for is being sliced up into little pieces for sale. I'm not happy about this.

The Article:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-hostess-brands-seeks-court-permission-to-liquidate-20121116,0,3175964.story

   I'm not sure what Twinkies were filled with.  I'm not sure what the cake was made from, but I implore you, do not let Twinkie die a slow death.  Let Twinkie live on, I say!  May it's foodstuffs ever be remembered in the songs of Legend!  Heavenly cream made from the very ambrosia the Gods dined on!  A spongy cake, golden as angel hair (not pasta) and as light and warm to the taste as a waft of vanilla carried by a summer breeze!

  Twinkies are amazing.  I'm going to go buy some right now.  Perhaps I'll enter a sugar coma, which would be great, because who wants to live in a world when even our most cherished of cheap, heavily manufactured and over processed sugary confectioneries sold on the cheap and in bulk across the world can be taken from us with no warning.

  Please, I implore you. Buy a Twinkie, or a box of them. Give them to friends and family.  Remind them of how special they are, and tell them to pass on what they have learned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017, or What It's Like When a Nerd Takes Acid

TESLA REVIEW PART II: THE ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Spanish for Donut