Bagel Banter


Friday, March 23rd, 2011

Some days, I wish the bagels would write their own emails.  I oven wonder would say.  The well bread bagels might write about the current political climate for immigrant bagels in Estonia.  But many, I'd imagine, would write about their dreams - where they'd like to go, perhaps who might have them for lunch some day.  Perhaps some would discuss inner changes, likeblueberries, vs. outer changes, like sesame seeds or poppy seeds.  Maybe they'd discuss bagel astrology* - which two types of bagels would work best together (but I suppose it would all return to 'it's what's inside that counts.')

That's the thing about bagels, though.  Once they're through the Dunkin' door, they never call, they never write - who knows where they go or what they do!  Some bagels might join an expedition to scale mount Everest! Some might become part of a food eating competition!  Some might be for the birds - and some might be eaten by alligators!  One can never be too sure of bagels.  Perhaps I'll ask the Everything bagel what they're up to.** Of course, I've never been able to get him to write me, either. Crumbs.  In any case, from what I've personally observed in the kitchen, and what they usually put on before going out, anything they'd write would probably be pretty cheesy anyway - or at very least, a thinly veiled attempt to butter me up.

*My bagel sign is the constellation lee-dough.  What's yours?
**Most of them would probably be at breakfast at the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017, or What It's Like When a Nerd Takes Acid

TESLA REVIEW PART II: THE ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Spanish for Donut